Are you in the midst of setting up a new business? Or perhaps trying to improve on your existing one? If you don’t already have a USP, or unique selling proposition- then it’s time you got one- and quick!
So what exactly is a USP? To simplify it, a unique selling proposition is what your business stands for and what sets it apart from others. Rather than being known for everything, your business should stand for something specific which people immediately recognise and attribute to your company.
A good example is Starbucks coffee shops- you can’t go anywhere without being 10 feet away from one these days! How did they do it? Their USP! They stand for premium coffee drinks and are known for the same. They don’t claim to make the best sandwiches, or have the lowest prices- simply great coffee.
If you’re struggling to determine your USP, don’t fret- many new business owners are in the same boat as you- though they will suffer from not having one so make it a priority NOW! Your business will end up getting lost amongst all of your competition if it doesn’t have a unique feature that sets it apart from the rest.
Time to stop losing business and boost those sales? Then it’s time to give your company a USP with FACE Marketing’s Top 5 Tips!
- Make a list of the features and benefits that are unique about the service you provide. Google your competition and see what sets you apart from them.
- Decide what emotional need is being specifically met by your product or service. Try to think about this from your client’s perspective.
- You need to identify which aspects of your service that your competitors cannot copy.
- Try to answer the question “What’s in it for me?” from your customer’s point of view. How does your service benefit the customer?
- Come up with a few short phrases that clearly show how your service or product is different. For example, confectionary line M&M’s came up with “Melt in your mouth, not in your hand.”
So now do you have your unique selling point? Don’t put your business at risk. Gain the advantage as a new business start-up by standing out in the mind of your customers- get in touch with FACE Marketing TODAY and discover your USP with the help of our dedicated marketing managers!